About the Integrated Data Service (IDS) : Benefits
The Integrated Data Service (IDS) changes the way de-identified data about our society and economy are made available for vital research in the UK.
It does this by offering a more secure platform and encouraging greater collaboration to influence crucial policies.
Hosting on a secure cloud-based platform means:
- reduced analytical platform and resource costs
- access to more visualisation tools
- flexible access to a variety of rich data sources
Producing better statistical and analytical outputs means that we can:
- improve the culture of analytical collaboration
- build public trust in statistics
- inform complex policies, such as quality of life, jobs, education and crime
Bringing together diverse datasets means that we can help:
- inform targeted policy interventions through rapid analysis of data and evidence
- inform the prioritisation of services, such as healthcare
- achieve value for money in identifying, acquiring, accessing, and processing data